Monday, January 26, 2009

He's here!

Natasha woke me up at a little after 4 yesterday morning and said, "today is the day." Her due date wasn't for 9 more days, so we weren't completely ready. I called Harvey and just said "it's time." He sent Lindsay over (I think she got here in two minutes flat - and they live three miles away!) so she could be there when the kids woke up. After scrambling to get a few things together we rushed to the hospital at breakneck speed. Natasha got checked in while her contractions continued to be about two minutes apart. Natasha did great during labor. I could sense her pain, especially during the contractions. I think it's kind of like the time when I...um, never mind, I don't think there's anything comparable. And if I tried to compare it to something I've gone through, it would only get me into trouble :)

After 15 minutes of hard pushing, out he came at 5:52. Mother and baby are doing great.

He weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz and measured 20 inches long.

No comments:

Followers